What do you think your website is for? To Sell Stuff? Harvest Leads? Convert Customers? Win Business?
It doesn’t matter. You’ll achieve none of these unless your customer knows your story – and believes it.
Your story is more than the tale of how you came to market, it is everything you are trying give to your customers; your history but also your products, services, terms and delivery arrangements.
It is every single blog post and emailed reply to a customer seeking a bit more help. All your social media posts and miles driven as you hunt for work.
The more you can involve your target audience in your story the deeper their relationship with you and your brand becomes.
We know how good WordPress is for marketing and blogging but the platform also excels at helping solve all the usual business problems.
And for you, the person trying make a business work this is the real magic – doing more work, in one place, with much less time and effort.
Using a well set up WordPress installation can help business people in all sorts of sectors achieve marketing goals, process and track sales. It can also manage stock, staff and suppliers as well as help you communicate with customers and delight clients.
As you make product or travel to meetings, take photos and videos and post these to your site, it can then do the hard work of sending it to the social networks.
As a client asks for something unusual, blog about it and let Google steer more unusual work your way.
Need to have a two-way chat with your customers after the sale, do it on YOUR site where they can see a nice ad for more product. Not on social media where they can see a nice ad for your competitor.
When thinking about your WordPress Website, think about ALL of the challenges your business faces as it tries to reach customers and satisfy orders. Then use your website to solve these challenges.
- Need to reach customers? Use the Jetpack plugin to automatically update your social networks with news about new products or services.
- Want to dominate Google Search Results? Use Yoast to understand how the elements of your website can work together to help your rankings.
- Want to make sure every sentence you write is clear, sharp and error free? Use Jetpack and enable the proofreader
- Want to display and sell products or services, install WooCommerce and ‘Sell all the things’.
- Need to display really complex products like houses or cars? Install WP-Types and get to market.
- Need to manage real-time chats between employees, clients and suppliers? Install BuddyPress and get chatting.
The more you use your website as the central hub of your work, the more your customers are steeped in your brand and ultimately, your story.
Need to do any of this soon? Contact me 🙂